January 18, 2008

Yahoo! Groups for SVG developers

There is a Yahoo! Groups for SVG developers:

SVG stands for Scalable Vector Graphics, an XML-based 2D graphics language designed by the W3C. It is a free, open standard, and is platform- and vendor-independent. SVG images can be static or animated, and can provide interactivity through script or declarative syntax. SVG is popularly used as as a rich WebApp presentation format, but also for Web-friendly scalable images. This is a mailing list for anyone who is interested in developing SVG content, or in helping others solve development problems in either the SVG format or in scripting.

Read the Last Topics from tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers/:

Create additive behavior on key press event Hello, I would like to move a rectangle of 25 pixels each time I press the 'r' key. I'm looking for a solution without scripting. Is it doable with SMIL? Here...

Failed attribute warning on Opera browser Good afternoon. The following SVG code is throwing a warning into the Opera Error Console and I would prefer not to put this code live without, at the very...

C APIs/library to create SVG Tiny (Mobile SVG) Hi All, I am new in SVG development. I need to create SVG files in C/C++ server and which will futher serve the mobile clients. Please let me know if there...

Sketsa SVG Editor 5.1 released We proudly released Sketsa SVG Editor 5.1. It is available from http://www.kiyut.com/products/sketsa/ under download section. What's new: - Updated Apache...

wikipedia: serve SVG where supported by UA, not PNG wikipedia: serve SVG where supported by UA, not PNG http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12623 would appreciate comments on the bug, not this list ~:"...

Opera: title not displayed in tooltip Eric & Chaals, the weather symbol displayed in: http://peepo.getmyip.com/~JonathanChetwynd/zanadu.svg do not provide a tooltip on mouseover though there is a...

These public domain weather symbols, now have titles: These public domain weather symbols, now have titles: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Weather_symbols regards Jonathan Chetwynd Accessibility...

low resolution on firefox (2.x) svg native player I'm writing a client/server application in SVG. I noticed that the svg native player of firefox (2.x for windows) has a low resolution than firefox (2.x for...

[ANN] Batik 1.7 released The Apache Batik team is proud to announce the release of Apache Batik version 1.7, a Java-based toolkit for processing SVG. The 1.7 release fixes a number of...

External CSS for SVG in XHTML not working for IE7? I am having a problem getting Internet Explorer 7 to use an external style sheet (CSS) for styling SVG in an XHTML document. This is my XHTML document, served...

SVG countdown Hi, I get a bit confused about modifying the content of a element. The more I read, the more I feel confused. :-s I would like to write a SVG code that...

SVG element and event passthrough Hi, if I have an SVG element in front of some other DOM elements, Safari 3 is letting mouse events pass through the SVG and reach the underlying DOM elements...

update on status of textArea widget Hi, I was hoping I could get people's feedback on what the current best practice approach is for when a multi-line textArea widget is needed in a pure svg...

scripted SVG playback buttons for video playback Hi, and Happy New Year. I was just trying to construct playback button(s) for a Theora video embedded in SVG using JavaScript. However, trying to attach the...

Opera caching problem I have a Perl cgi that serves an xhtml page including, as object (no embed) an SVG drawing whose specs can be changed by submitting data from an html form....

Change reference to external CSS file per script Hi all, I have an example at http://www.carto.net/neumann/temp/loadCss.svg where I use javascript to change the reference to an external CSS file by removing...

SVG, Batik, FOP, scripting, and converting to PDF hi, I have a SVG file which i am able to convert to PDF without a problem. However I would like to enable scripting in the final PDF. Here is the SVG...

tspan text-decoration ASV3 won't underline multiline text the way I think it should. The following puts all decorations on the first line: ...

Resolving begin and end list at run time hi i don't know how to resolve the begin and end values of the this file. does any one know how to solve it. i know the behaviour but don't know the solution. ...

Why does pluginspage not work in IE? Hello everyone, my sister just pointed me to a problem with the SVG embedding on my website. My code looks like this...

Are there any other major SVG discussion groups? Hi, I asked a few days ago about an issue regarding this SVG file that I've been trying to script in order to play video, but received no response. So, not to...

getBBox in firefox problem Hi, I can't get the following code to work in firefox. ASV6 seems to have no problems. I imagine I've got something to do with namespaces wrong but I can't...

Heads Up for SVG Open 2008 Hi, SVG Community- At SVG Open 2007, we promised to announce preparations for SVG Open 2008 in late December or early January. I thought I would kick off the...

SVG Scaling, Resizing & Manipulation Please help. I have been trying desperately for a few months now to develop a Java utility using Batik to scale a few SVG files. Here is what I'm trying to do:...

Read external file contents from within SVG Hi All, Sorry if this is OT - but I need some pointers to achieve the following: An 'onclick' event on a SVG element changes the 'visibility' attribute of a...

svg games I know there are tons of SVG games out there, eg at http://www.codedread.com/games.php , http://blog.codedread.com/archives/category/entertainment/games/ , ...

Cancel opacity inheritance I need one particular element in a translucent group to be opaque. Is there a way to escape the opacity set in the parent for this element? ...

Opera/Firefox performance I'm developing map applications where the average svgz files are 50kb- 150kb. They usually have a couple of eventhandlers for tooltips, highlighting elements...

Target overlapping elements I have an svg map with elements covering other elements. I want the user to be able "get to" the bottom-most elements without turning off the elements at the...

Help to add javascript to a inline SVG code Hi, Iґve created (with xslt) a inline SVG graph as is explained in here . So my code has a name space with 'svg' prefix...

1 comment:

Ruud Steltenpool said...

much more SVG at http://svg.startpagina.nl